Thursday, October 2, 2008

::Danger in Vicinity of UCC::

Original e-mail from Nic Chormaic Sile (Thursday 25/09/2008 10:53)

I was assaulted and my bag was ripped from my shoulder as I walked home from UCC yesterday evening at 7.40 p.m. This assault took place 15 minutes from College, at the pedestrian traffic lights on Glasheen Road - the crossing used for Glasheen school, near Flannery's pub. This is normally a busy road and the area is much frequented by students, but although I screamed loudly when I was attacked, no one heard me. At 7.40 p.m. it was dusk, but not yet dark. My attacker was male, not very tall, slightly built and wore a dark baseball cap which covered much of his face.

The purpose of this message is to advise you, especially if you are female, to take all possible precautions to ensure that you do not have a similar experience, on Glasheen Road or anywhere else. To all the readers that use that road or College Road (mostly UCC medical students), please girls, beware…

No comments: